Do Not Buy Gift Cards from Toys R Us or Toysrus.com!!! My husband purchased (2) $500 Gift Cards in 2 separate online orders on Toysrus.com during the holiday season, long story short, the Gift Cards both had a Zero Balance on them, we have been contacting TRU for over a month now, each time they say they are sending a new "investigation" and someone with "get back to us" and no one has ever called and nothing has been resolved, we still do not have Gift Cards that work and more importantly we do not have a Refund as requested. Here are some key factors as to why I am writing a Ripoff Report:
1. When we realized the first card and subsequently the 2nd card had no balance, we immediately went on Toysrus.com to look up the order number and transaction information -----All Transaction Information is Missing, there is actually no record of the 2 transactions in question on our Toysrus.com online account for either Gift Card Order, BUT our other orders placed during the Christmas Season are there, the only ones missing are for the Cards with the $0 balance.
2. The first time we called on one of the gift cards, the rep said that the situation was weird and told us that the card had been Activated and then Redeemed the Same Day, note that our cards were SHIPPED to us and we did not recieve on the same day, so the card was redeemed before we ever received it! That speaks of inside job to me.
3. Except the very first call, When we call we are faced with resistance and general unwillingness to help and sometimes outright rudeness from the reps.
4. The reps continue to tell us each time we call that they will start a new "investigation" and someone will get back to us within several days.
5. They never get back to us on any of our 4 "investigations", even the ones that were so-called "escalated".
6. While looking on their Facebook page I discovered that this has happened to someone else and I am sure there are many more.