We bought a Pulte home in 1996, and we have lived in a NEW HOME NIGHTMARE ever since. We have the following problems with our NEW PULTE HOME!
1) All walls move when we push on one wall. We have seen the chandelier move on windy days.
2) Front and Back door leaks.
3) Out of plumb walls and uneven doorways. Cracks in and around windows and doorways.
4) Mold in doorway, ceiling and attic
5) Slab Foundation is not level.
6) Stairs barely meet code and are so steep and small that we continue to fall down them.
7) Plumbing knocks/Hammers in wall.
8) Plumbing freezes in winter.
9) We cannot heat our downstairs properly in the winter.
10) Numerous cosmetic issues that are little compared to all the major problems at this time.
Humorous Stories about our Pulte Home Corrections:
1) A dry wall sub-contractor pulled 6 corner beads off one of our corners before he could repair the corner in our foyer.
2) A nail was protruding through the ceiling so a Pulte employee repairs it by putting caulk all over nail. Now we have a glob of caulk hanging from the ceiling. He could have at least put the nail back up in the ceiling.
3) Our front door has leaked since we moved in our home in 1996. Pulte employee's caulked our front door to correct the leak, which did not work. So they came back and caulked, then caulked again and again and caulked again and again and again and again. It became a joke between us about the caulk. Even the employees were snickering. They even came back one day and used a 30 year caulk. WOW! The caulk became so unsightly that they finally had to install a board to cover up the mound of caulk. Funny huh! By the way our front and back door still leaks.
4) The vinyl floor in one of our bathrooms did not meet flush with the wall so instead of patching it or replacing to fit correctly, they just painted the floor to match the vinyl covering. Can you believe this?
5) Our back door leaks and when one of their warranty employees witnessed the water, he described it as moisture. How convenient when Pulte does not cover moisture in their protection plan. Clearly I was looking at water and Pulte's employee, somehow was seeing moisture.
As one can see we live in a nightmare home that has been like this since we moved in and has not been corrected by Pulte. Now we find out we do not have the right to jury trial because we signed a paper in our closing, that has a BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE. Wonderful because we cannot get a fair trial and we know we cannot sell our home and get a fair price. WHAT IS FAIR HERE??
KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SIGNING WITH PULTE!
When we signed papers at our closing with Pulte Homes; we did not understand what we had signed, and were rushed through the signing of papers during closing. What believed we were signing closing documents, and did not know we were signing away our rights! The following was on one of our documents:
"This Agreement is subject to Arbitration Pursuant to the uniform Arbitration Act"...
This clause was written in our purchase agreement. What about our rights? We find out we have a binding Arbitration Clause in our contract. Now we find out we have to go to Arbitration instead of having a fair jury trial. Is this legal? How can Pulte get away with this due to our Constitution?
Our Constitution reads:
The 7th Amendment (1791) to the Constitution Of The United States guarantees trial by jury in civil actions in the Federal Courts where the amount in controversy exceeds $20.
Does this seem fair? As consumers we should put a stop to Binding Arbitration Clauses by writing our politicians!
We also signed away the warranty of habitability of our home. In Pute's contract under the heading Limitations of Liability: It states; We limit our obligations under the limited warranty to repair and replacement. The limited warranty is the only warranty applicable to this purchase. There are not other warranties...including warranty of Habitability......
It appears they do not warranty the home if you cannot live in it! Strange huh? Why buy a home if you cannot live in it?
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Pulte Home Builders