Tell us has your experience with this business or person been good?
Hartz Mountain corp pet pesticide overdose .. 'ONESPOT' warning
My wife bought 2 packages of Hartz mountain Control ONESPOT for flea control. She purchased a package for our dog and another for our cats. She followed the directions and appliad the medicine to our animals.This was at 7pm 7/13/00.Aproxamatly at 9am 7/14/00 my children noticed that 2 of our cats were drooling excessivly. The cats Mojo, and panda bear were having severe muscle spasms.
My kids called our local vet and then called their mother at her place of employment.the vet had told the kids to bring the cats to her office immediatly. My wife got home and was horrified to find the cats having severe seisures where the cats legs were flailing about with no control.
She promptly took the cats to the vets. when my wife gave the cats to the vet,the D.V.M. said that it did not look like the cats would make it.
The vet treated the animals with shots of valium and rinsed off the treated area of skin where the pesticide was applied.
Thankfully the vet was able to save our pets. Vet bill $128, lossed time at work $88. never again will we use hartz mountain products.
THE cats are also scratching the area where ONESPOT was applied. My wife Carol was very upset that she had in trying to protect our beloved pets she had almost killed them. Our vet told us that she has treated many cases of pesticide overdose where ONESPOT was used by unsuspecting petlovers. MY daughter and my son were traumitized by this horrible experiance.
They are just so happy our vet was able to save their kitties.Plese think twice before using hartz moutain CONTROL ONESPOT on your cats!!!!!!!!