I own a 1995 dodge neon highline. i purchased the vehicle new and wanted to list the numerous problems ive has with it through the years.
1) 1500 miles-----failed fuel pump
2) 3200 miles -----leaked oil
3) 7500 miles shift stuck cant get it out of park
4) 30,000 miles still leaks oil in main seal ----told not to worry about it not a big problem
5) Engine replaced.
5) 40,000 miles----paint pealing off the car. literally peal the paint off with your fngers. everytime the car was washed mor paint came off the hood and doors.
6) brakes---- oh about 3 sets by now. mechanic told me the brakes were undersized for the load.
7) 52000----Coil failure
8) 60000-----head gasket failure. This is really entertaining
On investigation i found that this problem is common with this vehicle. Got an estimate from a qualified mechanic around $600.00 for the repair. I complained and chrysler told me to take it to a dealer. I took it to the requested dealer where a regional rep told me that the failure was caused by lack of routine maint. when i offered to show the records to prove the scheduled maintenance was performed they refused. Oil changed every 3000 miles since i owned it. scheduled tune-ups performed. Charged me $775.00 for their defective gasket. has since been modified in production at chrysler different type gasket used
9) while the vehicle was in for repair i asked about the paint peeling. Told that it was caused by lack of proper maintenance.
other thanwashing and waxing how does one maintain paint?
10) Catalytic converter failure
they now wish me to bring the vehicle in to have it inspected for financial assistance in the paint repair. While its there i suppose its a good time to bring up the automatic transmission problems. this should really be entertaining